So we all know this quarantine time is a little interesting, to say the least. It’s like Groundhog’s Day, but with a lot more worry & and a little less to do. As each day of quarantine rolls on, I am learning it’s important to focus on what I can control such as my fitness & daily routine. Trying to be more mindful of what I put into my body and trying to get the blood flowing for at least 20 minutes each day.
My sweet friend Gina has been my virtual workout buddy for the past 3 weeks. She has helped push me on my lazy or lonely days. And I have found the more we work out together, the more I begin to look forward to it. What was once a dreaded time a day, is now my favorite time of day!
Here are a few Instagram accounts I LOVE. We tend to pull ideas from all of the free ones and makeup our own. Diana Mirgon has some great full-body workouts & Cara Loren’s thigh workouts will make you cry — in a good way 🙂
FREE: (Mostly no equipment needed)
- Cara Loren Van Brocklin – @caraloren (Check out her IG fitness stories for challenging thigh and booty workouts. So good!)
- Diana Mirgon – @dmirgonfit21 (Great at-home workouts that vary every.single.day. – love this lady’s routines)
- Maddie – @madfit.ig (Maddie has some fun YouTube & Instagram real-time workouts. My sister shared this account with me and I love her vibe.)
- Andrea Rodgers – @andreaxtendbarre (Founder of Xtend barre and a great slow-burn class if you like barre)
- Jen Diaz – @jenmdiaz (Not only does she have great workouts to move the whole body, but she also focuses on mindset…oh and she is the sweetest!] [Her photo above)
- Jayel Lewis – @jayellewis (This girl! Jayel is a friend from university & a talented fitness professional who has some fun in-home workouts.)
- John Peel – @johnpeelfitness (Prepare to get worked.)
I also thought I would throw in a few accounts that cost a little bit of $, but are still affordable virtual workouts.
LOW MONTHLY FEE:
- Yoba Studio – @yobastudio (A local Raleigh yoga studio full of sunshine & currently holding online classes)
- Centr – @centrfit (My friends rave about this app & I hope to test this out soon.)
- Kinrgy – @kinrgy (Founded by Julianne Hough, part of Oprah’s 2020 Vision Tour. Right now they are having free classes each week & I love Julianna Hough)
- Openfit – @myopenfit (I really enjoy the barre classes on here and they have a free 3-month trial)
- Tone It Up – @toneitup (We all know these awesome girls!)
- Alexia Clark – @alexia_clark (She has an app & is weights focused)
I hope these accounts help you get started & you are able to find your own virtual workout buddy! If anyone has any more recommendations, please DM me 🙂
Photo: The second photo is of Jen Diaz/photo by @kelseycherry
Tags: wellness, fitness, virtual workouts, whole-body living